Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Chariot - David de la Hoz




What's so cool about this is that the group, The Chariot, got their friends, family and other like-minded musicians together to help them shoot this one take video.

You bet we fight, until pressed against six feet of distance and earth.
Yeah, we make mistakes that our fathers have made and my troubles come up from the earth.
My teeth. grit, fierce, and I bed to you, understand. "Grace" is my name. Tongues run amok and fangs will breed on fangs.
So keep your secrets into the mattress and prey they don't escape.
Its the impossible act of building our bridges much faster then they burn.
Stay, Because I cant afford the distance shadowing my heart and what good is a sinner if we haven't got grace.
Save the son. My troubles boulevard across the land. They keep their secrets in the mattress.
Discard. Im trying to keep it in the right hands. Medic, I have given up all my weapons and i have headed home.


(Dan Smith of Listener)
Well I can see the words inside your silence,
but I can't speak about your pain for you
how long can you burn for anyways
turning over and back again with tongues ablaze.

like lions without teeth...hungry...
staring at the forest with flames in our eyes talking with the trees

if we can drift long enough, we'll be home.
sails blown by the fire within pushing me to you
and you can live inside of me, sewn together
breaking and healing, growing and breaking again and again

you are a part of me, you are my home and I'm your home,
but I'm no place you'll want to be
so I'm out here again sparks hid behind my teeth

but won't say a word for fear of failure spreading
it takes some of us longer to get to our dead ends
we have old blood stained with loose living
ran through charcoal hearts to make it red

and we can be on fire again you and I
do you want this? well say what you want....SAY WHAT YOU MEAN!

we can talk lung to closed ear, head inside of hand
turning over again together
cut up for the cheap heat running through our veins

and we can lay brick by broken brick
our ashes pushed in between
and build this road back home to where we want to be
we are not our own, we are the same"


Let fangs give birth to fangs but i cant walk away.
Let them breed
Fangs give birth to fangs but i cant walk away.
Let them breed

No comments:

Post a Comment